Getting a Library Card
- All persons living in the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia (Hancock, Brooke, Ohio, Marshall, Wetzel, and Tyler counties) may receive a library card by presenting proof of current address and a current ID.
- College students not living with their parents must present a student identification, proof of local address, and proof of home address.
- Residents in nearby counties of Ohio and Pennsylvania (Jefferson, Belmont, and Monroe in Ohio and Washington, Greene and Allegheny in Pennsylvania) may receive a library card upon payment of a $5.00 annual fee, with the exception of Bellaire residents, who will receive a card without charge, as Bellaire Library offers the same privilege to Ohio County residents.
- Temporary and transient workers living in extended stay apartments and campsites may receive a library card upon receipt of a letter or lease from the apartment complex, hotel, or camping ground showing proof of residence but will be limited to five items at a time.
- Temporary and transient residents, including those living in shelters, will receive a library card upon receipt of a letter from the administrator of the shelter or other proof of residence but will be limited to one item at a time.
While the Library is closed due to the going pandemic, new patrons may sign-up for a temporary library card online.